👋 Hey y’all yarners 🤗 – @firstname.lastname@example.org and I have been discussing in our Weekly Yarn.social call (still ongoing… come join us! 🙏) about the experimental Yarn.social <-> Activity Pub integration/bridge I’ve been working on… And mostly whether it’s even a good idea at al, and if we should continue or not?
There are still some outstanding issues that would need to be improved if we continued this regardless
Some thoughts being discussed:
- Yarn.social pods are more of a “family”, where you invite people into your “home” or “community”
- Opening up to the “Fedivise” is potentially “uncontrolled”
- Even at a small scale (a tiny dev pod) we see activities from servers never interacted with before
- The possibility of abuse (because basically anything can POST things to your Pod now)
- Pull vs. Push model polarising models/views which whilst in theory can be made to work, should they?